Pressure losses caused by obstructions in ducts or pipes.
Abstract:ESDU 81021 provides a means of estimating pressure losses caused by bluff obstructions in pipe and duct systems, such as a pipe crossing a duct, an instrumentation housing projecting into a pipe or equipment obstructing a mine gallery. The data cover bluff bodies of flat plate, wedge, rectangular block or circular-cylindrical sections in ducts or pipes of all cross-sections, for liquid flow and incompressible gas flow. An Appendix briefly discusses the derivation of, and causes of uncertainty in, the data.
- Pressure Drop Across Obstructions in Ducts
- Profile Drag
- Wind-Tunnel Corrections for Bluff or Quasi-Streamlined Bodies
|Data Item ESDU 81021|
The Data Item document you have requested is available only to subscribers or purchasers.
- Subscribers login here.
- If you are not an ESDU subscriber you can
- find out how to subscribe, or
- purchase this Data Item from the Standards Store.