DATCOM Volume 2 Section 4.1
USAF Stability and Control DATCOM Volume 2 Section 4.1: Wings at angle of attack
This document has not been validated by ESDU. It is provided to our users as a useful reference source.
The USAF Stability and Control DATCOM was compiled between 1960 and 1978 by the McDonnell Douglas Corporation in conjunction with the engineers at the Flight Dynamics Laboratory at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. It is a collection, correlation, and recording up to 1978 of knowledge, opinion, and judgment in the area of aerodynamic stability and control prediction methods. DATCOM provides methods for estimating basic stability and control derivatives for most flight conditions and configurations and in many cases can be used in conjunction with test data. It bridges the gap between theory and practice by including a combination of pertinent discussion and proven practical methods.
A spectrum of methods is presented, ranging from very simple and easily applied techniques to quite accurate and thorough procedures. Comparatively simple methods are presented in complete form, while the more complex methods are often handled by reference to separate treatments. Tables which compare calculated results with test data provide indications of method accuracy. Extensive references to related material are also included.
DATCOM methods have not been validated by ESDU but contribute to a more comprehensive collection of Aerodynamics design information and can be used along side ESDU methods for comparison and analysis to solve design problems. They also provide a possible resource in areas not currently covered by ESDU.
Volume 2 contains the following sections:
Section 4: Characteristics at Angle of Attack
- Section 4.1: Wings at angle of attack (this document)
- Section 4.2: Bodies at angle of attack
- Section 4.3: Wing-body, tail-body combinations at angle of attack
- Section 4.4: Wing-wing combinations at angle of attack (wing flow fields)
- Section 4.5: Wing-body-tail combinations at angle of attack
- Section 4.6: Power effects at angle of attack
- Section 4.7: Ground effects at angle of attack
- Section 4.8: Low-aspect-ratio wings and wing-body combinations at angle of attack
R.D Finck; D.E. Hoak
|DATCOM Volume 2 Section 4.1|
The document you have requested is available only to subscribers.
- Subscribers login here.
- If you are not an ESDU subscriber find out how to subscribe.