Fatigue crack propagation rates for titanium alloy sheets.
Abstract:ESDU 89051 gives curves of constant amplitude crack propagation rate data for commercially pure titanium and 5 alloys (Ti-6Al-6V, Ti-4Al-3Mo-1V, Ti-5Al-2.5Sn, Ti-8Al-1Mo-1V and Ti-2.5Cu). The data are derived from sources in the literature for tests in laboratory air at room temperature and are presented in terms of stress intensity factor range and stress ratio. As well as a mean curve, a curve is given representing the upper limit of 95 per cent of the data. The effect of variations in stress ratio, frequency, sheet thickness, grain orientation, heat treatment and alloy composition is discussed. Details of all the alloys are tabulated together with the coefficients in the simple crack growth equation, and summary curves compare the performance of the different alloys.
- Titanium Alloy (Ti-2.5Cu)
- Titanium Alloy (Ti-4Al-3Mo-1v)
- Titanium Alloy (Ti-5Al-2.5Sn)
- Titanium Alloy (Ti-6Al-4V)
- Titanium Alloy (Ti-8Al-1Mo-1V)
- Titanium Sheets
|Data Item ESDU 89051|
The Data Item document you have requested is available only to subscribers or purchasers.
- Subscribers login here.
- If you are not an ESDU subscriber you can
- find out how to subscribe, or
- purchase this Data Item from the IHS Standards Store.