Measures of damping.
Abstract:ESDU 67038 enables one measure of the damping of a simple linear system to be readily converted to other measures. To facilitate this, tables of definitions of the different measures of damping in common use are given. A number of interrelations are quoted. Measures of damping for an oscillatory quantity are presented each on its own vertical scale so that a "horizontal" line links equivalent values of the different measures to provide conversions between them.
- Angular Damping Index
- Binary Damping Index
- Binary Logarithmic Decrement
- Damping Angle
- Damping Index
- Damping Ratio
- Logarithmic Decrement
- Persistence and Persistence Index
- Swing Ratio
|Data Item ESDU 67038|
The Data Item document you have requested is available only to subscribers or purchasers.
- Subscribers login here.
- If you are not an ESDU subscriber you can
- find out how to subscribe, or
- purchase this Data Item from the IHS Standards Store.