MMPDS-17 Chapter 1
Metallic Materials Properties Development and Standardization (MMPDS):
CHAPTER 1 - INTRODUCTION
This document has not been validated by ESDU. It is provided to our users as a useful reference source.
This Handbook is primarily intended to provide a source of design mechanical and physical properties and joint allowables. Material property and joint data obtained from tests by material and fastener producers, government agencies, and members of the airframe industry are submitted to MMPDS for review and analysis. Results of these analyses are submitted to the membership during semiannual coordination meetings for approval and, when approved, published in this Handbook.
This Handbook also contains some useful basic formulas for structural element analysis. These formulas are provided in chapter 1 to illustrate how the material data contained in the Handbook may be used. However, structural design and analysis are beyond the scope of this Handbook. While an attempt is made to assure the accuracy of the formulas and analytical methods contained in chapter 1, there is no attempt in this Handbook to provide currently accepted design or analytical methods.
References for data and various test methods are listed at the end of each chapter. The reference number corresponds to the applicable paragraph of the chapter cited. Such references are intended to provide sources of additional information, but should not necessarily be considered as containing data suitable for design purposes.
- MMPDS: CHAPTER 1 - INTRODUCTION (this Chapter)
- MMPDS: CHAPTER 2 - STEEL ALLOYS
- MMPDS: CHAPTER 3 - ALUMINUM ALLOYS
- MMPDS: CHAPTER 4 - MAGNESIUM ALLOYS
- MMPDS: CHAPTER 5 - TITANIUM ALLOYS
- MMPDS: CHAPTER 6 - HEAT-RESISTANT ALLOYS
- MMPDS: CHAPTER 7 - MISCELLANEOUS ALLOYS AND HYBRID MATERIALS
- MMPDS: CHAPTER 8 - STRUCTURAL JOINTS
- MMPDS: CHAPTER 9 - GUIDELINES
|MMPDS-17 Chapter 1|
The document you have requested is available only to subscribers.
- Subscribers login here.
- If you are not an ESDU subscriber find out how to subscribe.